Monday, November 1, 2010

CARAMEL APPLE CHEESE CAKE

THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING CHEESE CAKE WITH APPLES!! AND TOPPED WITH CARAMEL.  I made if for Kaitlyn's birthday.
I used GF ginger snaps for my crust.  there are a few brands out there-check with you health food store.  my super walmart even has a gluten free section that carries GF ginger snaps.
pour the whole packe into your food processor bowl and whirl til they are a fine crumb.
Add 1/3c. of of cut up butter and 2 T. butter and whirl somemore.
pour into 12" springform pan and press into the bottom and up the sides about 1/2 way up.
I use my measuring cup to press flat.


FOR THE FILLING:
Any firm baking apple will do.  I brought home apples from Michigan-the best apples on the planet-but i am slightly prejeduce since I am from Michigan.
I peel and then slice my apples with an apple cutter/corer.  I slice them further into thin slices.


If they are to set out for awhile, I always toss them with lemon juice.  You just want a thin layer on the bottom of the crust.  so depending on how large  your apples are depends on how many you need.
Start laying them out on the bottom
Fill the bottom with a thin layer of the apple slices.
FILLING:

Add to your bowl
3 8oz blocks of cream cheese, room temp.
3/4c. sugar
1t. vanilla, real
(I am trying a new vanilla, you can see the seeds in the paste)
3 large eggs, room temp.
1/3 c. apple juice concentrate
Put all in your food processor bowl and whirl til smooth
pour ontop of apples being careful not to disturb the apples.
Give your pan a shake or 2 by hitting the pan on a flat surface to release some of the air bubbles.
BAKE 40 MIN. or until the center is almost set. 
 DO NOT OVERBAKE
refrigerate for at LEAST 3 hours or over night.
Top with nuts of choice(or not)pecans peanuts, walnuts....
and a caramel sauce.  recipe below.....
CARAMEL SAUCE
This makes extra which I am sure you will find a use for.
heat up in a large sauce pan-2c. butter(1lb.) 1c.  brown sugar and stir til everything is melted.
cook at a rolling boil for 3-4 min. then slowly add 2c. whipping cream-be careful it will boil up!
stir in the cream and boil another 2-3 min.  it will still look thin but will thicken up and set in the frig.
Let it set in frig for a couple of hours.
top cake with nuts and caramel sause and serve
ANOTHER DELISH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment